You won’t believe how simple it is to create these geometric leather earrings! With just a few easy-to-follow steps and supplies, try making a pair today. DIY jewelry is a great gift idea — why not make some earrings for a friend or relative? Either print out our PDF pattern to cut by hand or use our SVG cut files with the all-new Cricut Maker. This new and improved cutting machine allows you to cut from a variety of materials, including leather! Simplify your crafting for just $399.99 — available now!
Tools & Materials
- Awl Tool
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Round Tip Pliers
- Leather (two colors of choice)
- Paint– white (if painting leather)
- Jump Rings (2)
- Earring Hooks (2)
- Head Pins (2)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the pieces of leather according to our pattern.
- Paint the small leather piece white (or use white leather).
- Use an awl to poke a hole at the top of both pieces.
- Stick a head pin through both leather pieces, then bend the wire end up.
- Use needle nose pliers to create a 90 degree angle.
- Next, use round tip pliers to create a circle.
- Wrap the end of a wire around base of circle, then use wire cutters to cut off the excess.
- Then use a jump ring to attach an earring hook.
- Repeat these steps for your second earring.
Craft With Us
For more DIY jewelry ideas, browse our website!
Love our projects? Sign up for a Lia Griffith membership for just $10 a month today! For more DIY inspiration, follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. And remember to use #MadeWithLia for a chance to be featured on our social media! Cheers ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.