Capture eyes and drop jaws with these stunning gold hoop earrings. Keep your design elegant and simple or add some decorative beads to create a statement piece you’ll want to wear again and again. Whichever design you choose, these earrings transition perfectly from a workday to a night out. Find out how to create your own below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Bend the 18 gauge wire at 45 degree angle.
- Use the needle nose pliers to form a loop.
- Bend wire below the loop at 45 degrees with pliers.
- Wrap the opposite end of wire around, between the bend and loop, from bottom to top. Cut off the excess wire.
- Use two pliers to gently open the bottom loop of the french hoop and attach to the hoop.
- If adding beads, use 22 gauge wire and create a wire wrap loop attached to top of the gold hoop.
- Add the bead to the wire, then create a loop above the bead.
- Attach French hoop to loop, then wrap wire around and down to the bead. Cut off the excess wire.
More to Explore
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Much love ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.