So dreamy, so peony! We’re obsessed with crepe paper peonies, if you didn’t know it already. Featuring our all-new heavy crepe in Pink Hibiscus and Juniper (coming soon!!), this new design is particularly pretty and unique. Get creative with a color palette of your own design, though — our new line features so many stunning options! Simply gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our photo tutorial for a fun and stress-free crafting endeavor.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper Pink Hibiscus and Juniper
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper in Chiffon
- Copic Sketch Art Markers in Honey (Y38)
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire – 22-gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape in Green
- 3/4″ and 1 1/2″ Foam Ball
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Color the top quarter of the pinked edge of the crepe paper.
- Fringe the same edge three-quarters of the way down.
- Roll the fringe around the end of the wire and glue into place.
- Cover the small foam ball with one of the extra small pink petals, then push the wire through the ball and glue it under the flower’s center.
- Curl and cup each of the petals.
- Glue nine of the small petals spaced evenly around the ball.
- Then, glue six of the medium petals evenly around the flower.
- Next, glue six of the large petals evenly around the flower.
- Attach the remaining six medium petals evenly around the flower.
- Add the small green leaves around the base of the flower.
- Put a wire between the two leaf halves so the grains form a “V” in the middle and glue.
- Wrap the flower and leaf stem with floral tape.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team