Ever wanted to craft an amazing potted flower that looks incredibly real but – spoiler – it’s made out of paper? Well, our crepe paper trillium flower will add that burst of color you want in your home decor, but without all of that wilting rubbish. And the best part is, you can easily make this craft!
Simply gather the tools and materials from below, then download the SVG or PDF templates. Lastly, follow the instructions below or download them via PDF. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Heavy Crepe Paper – Emerald & Clover
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Vanilla & Raspberry
- Light Gold PanPastel
- Copic Marker – Purple (RV66S) & Green (G85S)
- Green Floral Tape
- 24-gauge Floral Wire
- If you haven’t already, become a Lia Griffith Annual Member. This gives you access to unlimited SVG downloads!
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut out crepe paper according to pattern.
- Cut wire into fourths then bend end of wire over with pliers.
- Wrap and glue center piece around the bent end of wire.
- Bend over the top of three wires over then attach together, creating the pistol.
- Add extra wires around and secure with glue and a center piece to create stamen.
- Glue the two sides of petals together then glue wire to the base of each petal.
- Use floral tape to cover wire.
- Then, use a purple marker to add color to centers of petals and around the green petals.
- Use curling tool to curl petals downwards.
- Glue two sides of leaves together with 24-gauge wire between. Add gold pan pastel and green maker for color.
- Use curling tool to curl sides of leaves downward.
- Use floral tape to attach three pink petals, then the three green.
- Attach three leaves to the base of flower then use floral tape to cover wire and to build up the stem.
Come Craft with Us!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team