A few years ago we made some cute woodland throw pillows with Spoonflower for a kid’s bedroom. Considering our outdoorsy theme for this month and the other woodland creatures we’ve created, I thought these DIY pillows would fit in perfectly with the rest of our June Craft Collection. This iron-on fox and owl vinyl project is a slightly different version that allows you to download the pattern and transfer the design to your pillows instead of purchasing the pre-printed fabric.
You can download our SVG file and cut the iron-on fox and owl design with your cutting machine. Or use our printable template to cut this project by hand. You will also find the pattern to help you create the owl shape and fox shape for the pillows.
Woodland you like to make these?
These iron-on fox and owl pillows are super cute and perfect for kids to lounge on. You can even bring them outside and make them part of your backyard camping experience — along with our kid’s play tent, paper camping lanterns, and printable campers. When you’re ready to make this adorable woodland pillow set, just follow the instructions below and let us know if you have any questions!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine or Craft Scissors
- Sewing Machine
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- Vinyl Weeding Tool
- Natural Linen Fabric (for pillow)
- Matching Thread
- Siser Easyweed — Black, Sun, Tropical Coral, Orange, and Texas Orange
- Download the pattern below for the fox- and owl-shaped pillows as well as the iron-on design for the front and back of the pillows.
- Using fabric scissors, cut out the design along the solid line — our design allows for a 3/4-inch seam allowance. You can also cut the pattern with our SVG file and your cutting machine.
- Face the back and front of the design toward one another and sew around the edge, leaving the bottom part of the face open so that you can easily fill the pillow.
- Turn it right side out and fill the pillow with stuffing, making sure you push plenty into the ears. Tip: Use a dowel or other long tool to help you push the stuffing into the ears. Hand-stitch the opening together.
- Once your pillow is sewn together, iron on the fox and owl designs using an EasyPress or iron.
Love this project? Browse more of our DIY kids’ decor or take a look at the rest of our iron-on projects. For more craft ideas and DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, and YouTube.