Introducing the star of our Midwestern bouquet for Cricut — our jumbo crepe paper sunflower! This gorgeous paper bloom is sure to brighten all of your days. The new Cricut Maker has made it a wonderful possibility for us to finally cut crepe paper and felt on a cutting machine. We’d highly recommend this new piece of crafting technology — it will change your life. If you don’t have access to a cutting machine, don’t forget you can also cut this project by hand with a pair of scissors! Download the templates and follow our step-by-step tutorial below for crepe paper crafting made easy. Spread some sunshine and love!
Tools & Materials
- Scissors or Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Floristic Crepe Paper in Goldenrod
- Lia Griffth Double-Sided in Ferns + Moss
- Felt – Black, Brown, Acorn, Mustard, Meadow
- Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Floral Tape
- Tacky Glue
- PanPastels – Magenta, Dairylide Yellow
- Wooden Skewer
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Following the template notes, cut one strip of black felt, two strips of yellow felt, five strips of light brown felt and eight strips of dark brown felt.
- Using the tacky glue, glue a strip of dark brown felt on both sides of the strip of black felt, placing them so 1/4” of the black felt is sticking out of the top on the long side. Repeat gluing a light brown strip of felt onto either side of both strips of yellow felt. Repeat again gluing a strip of dark brown felt onto either side of the three remaining light brown strips of felt.
- Allow the glue to dry, then fringe each strip of felt on the side with the middle color peeking out.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
More to Explore
Explore more crepe paper flowers here. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your own Lia Griffith membership today! For a chance to be featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects — you are our greatest inspiration! Have a sunny day ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.