Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Jumbo paper flowers make such fun wall decor. We think these jumbo paper daisies would be perfect for a kid’s room. Or you can use them as party decorations for a birthday, bridal shower, or baby shower.
Get started by checking out our supplies list below. Then download our tutorial to see how we combined cardstock with a bit of crepe paper to make them!
Going daisy for jumbo flowers
In the past we have mostly used crepe paper and frosted paper to make jumbo flowers. But now that we carry cardstock, we were eager to see how this thicker paper would work for these jumbo paper daisies. Using cardstock for the layered petals gives this flower a beautiful, structural look while fringing the crepe paper for the center makes it look delightfully soft and fluffy.
We would love to see your version of these paper flowers and how you decorate with them! Be sure to share photos on our crafters community page or by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Intermediate due to all of the fringing
Crafting tip: We recommend cutting anything jumbo sized by hand, but you can always use your cutting machine if you prefer.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Pinking Shears — Zig Zag
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Fringe Clip
- Lia Griffith Cardstock — Grasshopper, Orange Sherbert, Mandarine, Mauve, Peach, and Loveable
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper – Chiffon and Pear
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
How to Make Jumbo Paper Daisies
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut out paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Push wire through the cardstock back for hanging in two places making a loop for hanging; twist the wire ends together on the opposite side.
- Using white glue, glue the large petal set pieces to the cardstock backing scored side up.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member