Now that you’ve got your dinosaur birthday party invitation and your dinosaur party favors, it’s time to plan some fun dinosaur activities! And what’s more fun than pretending to be a dinosaur? With our DIY dinosaur headbands, all of the kids at the party can transform into a triceratops.
Just print, assemble, and let them (and their imaginations) run wild!
Your Kid’s the Tops!
These dinosaur headbands are simple yet so entertaining. And they’re also great for imaginative play! After the party’s over, each kid can take home their triceratops headband and use it again.
When you’re ready to craft these party hats, you can use either our PDF template or SVG file. We used our PDF template for the dinosaur headbands pictured here, which includes four colors. If you want to make your headbands in different colors with your cutting machine, just use our SVG file. Once you’ve cut your pattern, there are only two steps to follow! And you can even have your little ones help with the assembling.
We love to help with party planning, so if you need some more inspiration, be sure to browse all of our kids’ party ideas. We also have a dinosaur birthday card you can print at home plus dino-themed wrapping paper.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- White Cardstock Paper (if using PDF)
- Colored Cardstock Paper (if using SVG)
How to Make a Dinosaur Headband
- If cutting by hand, print pattern onto cardstock paper and cut out. If you’re using a cutting machine, use our SVG file.
- Center on a headband and wrap the center tab around the underside. Tape or glue end of tab to the backside, creating a paper loop.
- Repeat for the other two tabs, creating paper loops that can adjust when the headband stretches.