We’ve recently been expanding our collection of citrus themed projects, and today we are adding a new recipe into the mix. Limoncello is a delicious liqueur that is sweet and tangy at the same time. It can be served alone or mixed into different drink recipes. We’ve even heard of adding limoncello to lemon bar recipes – so yummy! Mixing the drink is fairly simple, and we also must admit that it looks really beautiful while it is infusing. It does take 3-4 weeks for the drink to infuse, but the result is a refreshing cocktail that you can enjoy any time of year. Like all of our projects, we added our own spin on a traditional limoncello recipe by infusing it with lavender.
- 2 750ml Bottles of Vodka (750 ml bottles)
- 6-8 Meyer Lemons
- 3-4 Tbsp. Culinary Grade Lavender
- 1/2 cup Honey or Simple Syrup
- Pour vodka into a large container (we used a mason jar).
- Peel lemons, removing as much pith as possible.
- Add peels to vodka, along with the lavender.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 3-4 weeks to infuse the lemons and lavender.
- Strain mixture into smaller bottles, about 2/3 of the way full.
- Add honey or simple sugar to sweeten the mixture, shake and enjoy!
We recommend serving chilled, and you can find a printable version of this limoncello recipe in the template below.
To add to the DIY fun, our graphic designer Lindsay also designed gorgeous labels that you can add to your bottles, either for storing in your home or to give as gifts. The labels are round and the tags are square, and both are editable. To customize, download and install the free font Cormorant. After editing, you can print onto full sheet label paper, printable vinyl for easy removal or cardstock. If you are printing onto cardstock, punch a hole at the top and attach with a pretty ribbon or twine.
We were originally inspired to make honey lavender limoncello from our delicious summertime lemonade recipe. Be sure to check out our honey and lavender lemonade recipe for a yummy non-alcoholic option. Browse through all of our recipes on the site for culinary inspiration, or leave a comment below with some of the recipe ideas you’d like us to test out next! Join our crafty community here, or follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for the latest and greatest. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team