They say that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. We prefer to make lemon curd! Especially when it’s Meyer lemon season. Meyer lemons are sweeter than regular lemons, so they are perfect for a little indulgence. We originally made this lemon curd to pair with our gluten free lemon scones, but it can also go well with toast, biscuits, yogurt, ice cream – anything that could use an extra dose of zesty flavor. We have been daydreaming about using this lemon curd recipe to top a fluffy stack of pancakes…too delicious!
The only ingredients you will need are lemons, sugar, butter and eggs, so the recipe is fairly simple. Find the full recipe in the printable template below, and feel free to let us know what you think after you try it out. For more culinary inspiration, browse all of our recipes on the site. Or, add some lemon designs to your home decor with the collection of projects in our Winter Citrus Series. Join our DIY community to receive all of our downloads at your fingertips, and follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily glimpses into life here at Lia Griffith HQ. Bon Appetit! ~ Lia & Team
- 3 regular lemons or 4 Meyer lemons
- 3/4 - 1 cup fine baker's sugar
- 6 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 additional egg yolk
- Zest and juice lemons into a glass bowl, then add butter and sugar.
- Place bowl over a pot of gently boiling water (don't let the bowl touch the water) until everything has melted.
- Whisk the eggs and add to the mixture in the bowl.
- Mix well and stir regularly while cooking for approximately 15 minutes.
- It is ready when it has thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon when dipped in.
- Cool, stirring occasionally, and then transfer to a jar. It will continue to thicken in the fridge.
- Pair with our gluten free lemon scones and fresh cream for a delicious combo!