These adorable potted paper clovers are super simple to make. We’ve included both PDF and SVG cut files for this project so you can resize the templates if you wish to make your clover larger or leave it cute and small. Feel free to mix up the number of leaves in your clovers as well. Hide them around the house for a fun game for your little leprechauns; whoever finds the 4 leaf clover wins a prize! Start your St. Patrick’s Day fun by gathering the tools and materials and following along with our steps below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Tacky Glue – Aleene’s “Quick Dry”
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- Cricut Scaper Tool (for curling, optional)
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – Decora 26 Gauge
- Text Weight Paper – Paper-Papers Pop Tone “Jellybean Green”
- White Gel Pen
- Green Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Fern & Moss”
- Small Bud Vase (ours were from the local flower market)
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out leaves from the text-weight paper. Cut double the amount of how many leaves you want (e.g. if you are making a 3-leaf clover, cut 6 leaves total).
- Draw on details with a white gel pen for the tops of the leaves.
- Cut pieces of wire about 4” long. Fold the non-drawn on leaves in half and glue the wires down the middle (the crease will help center the wires).
- Apply tacky glue to the leaves using a small flat paintbrush. Attach the drawn-on layer on top. Let dry.
- Bend the base of the leaves slightly.
- Pinch all the leaves together at the base.
- Wrap the wires together using matching floral tape.
- Gently curl the edges of the leaves under to shape.
- Bend the wire and stick the clover into a bud vase.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team