Who says gorgeous jewelry has to be expensive? We like to make our own jewelry, and you can too with this macrame knots rope necklace! This project is super simple to make, so you can craft this gift or pretty accessory in no time.
Macra-Make Your Own Jewelry!
This DIY project is an easy one for all skill levels — and a great craft for older kids who are comfortable using hot glue and an embroidery needle. All you have to do is gather the tools and materials, then follow our instructions.
To customize our macrame knots rope necklace, we wrapped different colors of embroidery floss around the rope. All of the colors we used are linked below, and you can always explore other embroidery floss options in our shop if you want to pick different colors.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Very Dark Straw 3852, Very Dark Royal Blue 820, Light Antique Blue 932, Very Light Peach 948, Ecru
- Cotton Clothesline
How to Make a Macrame Knots Rope Necklace
- Gather your craft tools and materials from the list above.
- Cut 2 pieces of cotton clothesline or macramé cord about 31″ long.
- Mark 9″ in the middle of a piece of rope for where it will be wrapped with embroidery floss.
- Pick a color of floss and knot it around the rope where marked.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Craft with Confidence!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with SVG cut files, printable templates, and tutorials that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY crafts. Share what you’ve been up to with the LGM community by using #MadeWithLia or by posting to our Facebook page for members — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.