Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We often try to make DIY projects relevant to the current season, holiday or weather, but there are certain DIYs that are timeless classics. One of our favorite DIY categories for year-round crafting is DIY jewelry. Because any day is an opportunity to spruce up your style! We tend to jump on any chance we can get to use copper in our projects, so today we’re giving you a simple tutorial to make a leather wrap bracelet with our favorite metallic accent.
- Measuring Tape
- Tube Cutter
- Sand Paper
- White Pencil
- 72 Inches of Leather Cording, 1mm thick
- Flexible 2mm Copper, Silver or Gold Tubing
- Button (for clasp)
- Gather your tools and materials listed above.
- Measure and mark the tubing in 3-inch long pieces.
- Use the tube cutter to cut 10 3-inch pieces of tubing.
- Gently sand the cut edges of the metal pieces to smooth them out.
- Thread the leather cording through as many pieces of the tubing as you’d like.
- Tie a loop at one end of the cording that is large enough to enclose the button.
- Secure a button to the other end of your leather cording.
- Wrap the bracelet around your wrist and enjoy! Follow the photo tutorial below for a visual guide as you craft.
As with all of our jewelry projects, use this technique in any way that feels personal and true to your style. You can easily make this bracelet with different colors of leather cording or metal tubing to create custom fashion statements. You should be able to find a nice selection of leather at your local jewelry or craft store. Once you pick out your cording, you can find the tubing and a tube cutter at your local hardware store. The metal tubing is a bit sharp when cut, and after a while it can wear away at the leather. We wanted to make a leather wrap bracelet that would last, so we used a bit of sandpaper on the sharp edges of the copper to prevent the leather from splitting down the road.
Run With It!
When you are finished with your cute new bracelet, browse all of our DIY jewelry projects for more inspiration! This bracelet would go especially well with our copper necklace using the same flexible tubing material. Share your project photos with us on Instagram using #DIYDreamingWithLia, or let us know how you would personalize this project in the comments! See you soon ~ Lia & Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member