We are so excited about this month’s Member Make challenge! A few people requested that we make crepe paper lilac flowers. So that’s what we will be crafting live today at 11:00 a.m. PT. If you want to join the live workshop and craft along with us, make sure to join our crafting community!
Because this flower is a bit more complex, we sent our members the tools, materials, and flower pattern ahead of time. They are also listed below. If you can’t join our live workshop this morning, we will post the video below later today so you can watch it on your own time.
Ready to get started? Just scroll on down to see what you need for this month’s DIY challenge.
We can’t wait to show you how to make these crepe paper lilac flowers today! Overall, they are an easy paper flower to make. But there are lots of little flowers involved so it’s pretty time-consuming.
Since there are so many flowers to form, a cutting machine will come in handy if you have one! For this project, we cut our crepe paper with our Cricut Maker and SVG file. But of course, you can also cut your lilacs by hand with our PDF flower template.
When you’re ready to make your flower, just follow the steps below. We will keep the video up indefinitely, so you can watch it as many times as you need to while crafting your crepe paper lilac flowers. And, of course, reach out to us if you have any questions.
Happy crafting, friends!
How to Join Our May Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. And make sure to join our Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for these crepe paper lilac flowers—listed below. Then download our flower pattern at the end of this post. Those of you with a Cricut Maker can use the flower SVG file.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft with me live on our YouTube channel. You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your email. It will also be available for playback here.
- Watch our flower video tutorial to craft along with me and create your own version of this lilac. Feel free to use different colors, materials, or techniques; make just one bloom or a whole bunch of them, integrate them into another DIY project, and so on.
- Reach out to me and others in our crafting community if you need some support! You can post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. And make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake so it’s easy to find!
- Share your finished crepe paper lilac flowers with us by the end of the month to be entered in our giveaway. Make sure to post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake. And feel free to say something about your flower-making experience!
- Cricut Maker or Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Lilac, Cypress, Vanilla, and Linen
- Floral Tape — Fern & Moss
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- 18-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
- Design Master Tint IT Spray — Plum and Pinkolicious
How to Make Crepe Paper Lilac Flowers