This month’s Member Make is something really special. Over the years, we’ve crafted many different types of eucalyptus stems and plants, but this Crepe Paper Eucalyptus Gum Tree Branch is a first for us. I love the rustic and wild look of this flower and can’t wait to start crafting it with you.
To prepare for this workshop, gather the tools and materials you see below. Join us on Friday 7/21 at 11 a.m. PT, where we’ll be going live on site main page to show you how to craft this unique flower. If you can’t make it, no worries! You can watch the video recording later.
Red and Rustic
Due to some of the advanced techniques used in building this flower, we think this project is better suited to our intermediate crafters. Tight buds of fringed crepe paper give these flowers their wild and natural look. This red-flowering plant is native to Australia and can bloom in beautiful pink or orange as well. When choosing the palette for our gum tree eucalyptus, we tried to mimic nature as closely as possible. To add some depth, we applied a yellow Pan Pastel tint to the leaves and center of the flower.
We can’t wait to see how you’ve styled your crepe paper eucalyptus gum tree branch. Upload your photos to our crafters community or share them with us on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai 5″ Detail Scissors
- Pinking Shears — Scallop
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Blending Brushes
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Camellia, Mango, Fern, and Gold
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Green Tea & Fern & Moss
- Floral Tape — Cream
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- 12mm Cotton Spun Paper Balls
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet – Red
- PanPastel® Artist Pastel – Hansa Yellow Tint 220.8
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.