Next to poinsettias, the amaryllis has become a popular holiday flower. So, since it’s December, we will be crafting a crepe paper waxed amaryllis for our Member Make! Join us live on YouTube at 11:00 am PST to craft along with us. Or you can watch the video later and make this stunning crepe paper flower on your own time.
We will be giving away some of our new frosted paper packs during the live, so join us if you can!
I amaryllis brilliant crafter
Did you know it takes up to six years for amaryllis to reach maturity and produce flowers? While you could always buy one, we think it’s a lot more fun to make your own version and enjoy it anytime you want to! You can also make them in different colors and create versions you might not see in nature or find at the store.
Today’s crepe paper waxed amaryllis is a great intermediate craft project. So if you’re looking for more of a beginner flower, you can try out our simple crepe paper amaryllis instead. Both flowers are gorgeous for the holiday season and can be given as gifts.
If you have not participated in Member Make before, all the details you need are below. Otherwise, you can skip on down the post to download our amaryllis flower pattern and start crafting!
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member. Once you’re a member, make sure to join our exclusive Facebook page for members!
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper waxed amaryllis — listed below. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Tune in today at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this flower with us! You can find the link to the YouTube Live tutorial on the Facebook page for members and in your inbox. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our flower video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper waxed amaryllis. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; get creative with how you color your flowers; or play around with your arrangement. For example, maybe you want to make a red waxed amaryllis instead of a gold one!
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your crepe paper waxed amaryllis with us! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker
- Craft Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — White, Juniper, Gold, and Caffe
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Green Tea & Cypress
- Thick Paper-Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Floral Tape — Gold and Pine
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Brick Red (033)
- PanPastel —Hansa Yellow Tint 220.8, Red Iron Oxide Tint 380.8, Diarylide Yellow 250.5, Permanent Red 340.5, and Bright Yellow Green Shade 680.3
- Mod Podge – Matte
Outside of the US? You can find our crepe paper on Amazon UK or on Marcarycrear.com.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.