July’s Member Make Challenge blew us away! Annual Members crafted alongside Lia and created their own versions of our Ruby Rose project. We loved seeing all of the submissions flood in. The creativity you all brought to the challenge. . . Everybody did such an amazing job.
Lia has hand-picked some of the submissions to be featured at the bottom of this page! (As well as on our Instagram and Facebook page.) Follow the social handles to discover more of the projects these incredible crafters have made. Check ’em out below!
August’s Member Make Challenge: Advanced Icelandic Poppy Flower
Nothing says summer quite like “poppy.” (Even if “Iceland” doesn’t scream sunshine and flowers.) Their transparent petals catch the light and are a perfect bloom for our extra fine crepe paper. For this month’s Member Make Challenge, Lia will be showcasing advanced techniques that she has been experimenting with. Follow along on YouTube Live as she guides you through making this stunning and colorful flower. Put your own spin on the project by choosing different colors, adding your own personal touch, or creating a bright bouquet of them!
Here’s how to join the August Challenge:
- Become an annual member (if you haven’t already) and join our annual member Facebook page. You will receive an email on Thursday with the pattern and link to the YouTube Live.
- Gather the tools and materials listed above to be ready for the live video. You will find the pattern on the annual member Facebook page and can cut your pieces as noted on the pattern ahead of time if you would like to make along with Lia.
- Tune in on Friday, August 10th at 12:00 PM, PST to craft with Lia LIVE on our YouTube channel. We will post a link on Facebook and in an email.
- If you have questions during the live lesson, you can feel free to ask them on our social media. Lia loves to answer your questions!
- If you can’t make the live video, don’t worry! You can always watch the playback on our annual member Facebook page.
- Create your personalized version of our make of the month and submit to our main Facebook page with the hashtag #MemberMakeAugust.
- The deadline to submit your photo is Wednesday, August 29th at 11:59 PM, PST.
- Be sure to put your own personal touch on the project! When you submit your poppy photos to the Facebook page, be sure to add a little blurb about your experience making this flower. We’d love to share how you felt crafting with the rest of the community!This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Find for more information here.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Your color choice for petals, plus Cypress Green
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Pear (optional)
- Green Floral Tape
- 18-gauge Stem Wire (Paper Covered Thick is ideal; if not, then Paper Covered Floral Wire)
- Embossing powder – Yellow and Orange
- Lia Griffith PanPastels set
- White Craft Glue
- 3/4″ foam balls
Your craft may be featured on next month’s Member Make Challenge story as well as on our Instagram for our Friday Feature!
If you think you never have the time to craft, here’s your chance to take some time for yourself and get crafty with Lia and our growing craft community.
Craft All Summer Long!
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIYs. Share what you’ve been up to with the LG community by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting! ~ Lia and Team
Check the gorgeous blooms below, from the July Member Make Challenge flowers! We love to see your designs and the creativity that goes into your projects.