One of our favorite felt shops recently got some new metallic felt. And naturally, we couldn’t wait to try it out! We love to test new craft accessories and materials — and figure out how we can use them in various DIY projects. After seeing this metallic felt from Benzie, we thought it would be fun to make our own felt glasses case.
Making the Case for Metallics
The metallic colors definitely make this felt glasses case feel more stylish. It also has a great, sturdy feel to it. That and the magnetic snap closure will keep your glasses safe and secure.
When you’re ready to craft your own felt glasses case, just gather the tools and materials below. If you have a Cricut Maker, you can use our SVG file below. The Cricut Maker is the only cutting machine we know of that cuts felt. So if you don’t have one, you can cut this by hand using our PDF template.
If you have any questions about this DIY project, let us know in the comments! And if you love making accessories as much as we do, you should check out our DIY accessories page. We’ve got jewelry, tote bags, tech accessories, and more.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Felt — Metallic Champagne and Metallic Gold
- Embroidery Floss – Gold and Champagne to match
- Magnetic Snaps
- Download the pattern below and cut it out with your scissors or on your Cricut Maker.
- Add magnetic snaps through slits on either end of the case.
- Glue a small circle of felt (metallic side down) on the back side of the snap closure, to avoid scratching glasses.
- Use a blanket stitch around edges to close.
If you create something from our site, don’t forget to share it on our Facebook page for members— or by using the hashtag #MadeWithLia when you post photos. We love to see what you make. And so do other crafters!
To make this project, join our crafting community.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.