Snug as a Bug in a Dome
We caught the creative bug and decided to bring back your favorite Little Critters with this adorable paper bug dome. Add these playful insects to your bug collection or display in your child’s bedroom to peak their curiosity and fun. This project uses our ever-popular SVG files so it is perfect for crafters of all levels. Simply gather the materials listed below and follow along with our easy as pie instructions. Click here to explore more Little Critters projects.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Glass Display Dome
- Paper Source Cardstock in Curry, Sunshine, Persimmon, Night, Moss, and Clover
- Print the PDF file if you are cutting by hand or use the SVG file if you are using a cutting machine. We recommend printing onto colorful cardstock.
- Once your designs are cut, bring the edges of the grass around to meet each other and use a spot of glue to to secure the back.
- Arrange the bugs in various angles within the blades of grass or attach a few to the bottom of the grass with glue.
- Cover with glass dome and display!
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy Spring! ~ Lia & Team