What are your thoughts on cacti? Cute? Or don’t get what all the fuss is about? We personally love these plants and think they’re so fun to craft. This may explain why we have a few different versions! We’ve made a pink cactus, needle-felted mini cacti plants, paper cactus garland, and even a cute cactus ring holder. To learn how to make our paper cacti plants below, scroll down for the tools and materials you’ll need as well as our step-by-step tutorial.
These adorable potted paper cacti will catch eyes but won’t prick fingers. Pop them into a pot for an authentic dessert look. They’re sure to make your home look fab!
To make your own assortment of cute paper cacti plants, just gather the supplies listed here. Then download our pattern and follow our super simple tutorial below. If you need any help using our SVG file, make sure to check out this video for a step-by-step guide.
We’d love to see how your paper cacti plants come together! Feel free to share them with us on our Facebook page or post them on your Instagram page and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia. You can also check the hashtag to see what the rest of our community is crafting.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Text Weight Paper — Paper Source — “Sage”, “Chartreuse”, “Moss”, “Blush”
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers — Basis Colors – Green
- Terracotta Pots
- Gather the craft tools and materials listed above. Then download our SVG file or PDF template at the end of this post.
- Cut out your paper according to the template notes, using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold the cactus pieces along the scored lines. If you have a cutting machine, you can have it score the paper for you.
- Insert the two cactus pieces with the cuts at the top into the base first.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
More to Explore
Want more DIY designs, patterns for craft projects, and photo tutorials to help guide you? Become a member! Head over to our membership page to see all our membership options as well as the perks. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube for daily inspiration. Happy crafting! ~ Lia and team