There are so many fun ways to decorate with paper flowers. Other than going in a bouquet, you can make paper flowers for wreaths, frame them to create some pretty artwork for your walls, or create cake toppers. For our August Collection, we’ve come up with a new decoration idea — paper flower string lights!
This is an easy craft that kids can help assemble. Plus you will only need some glue, paper, string lights, and scissors. For faster assembly, you can always use a cutting machine.
Crafting paper flower string lights is a unique way to decorate your outdoor space for a summer party. When summer is over, you can also bring them inside and use them as indoor decorations for your office, a kid’s bedroom, or dining room. We would love to see how you decorate with your string lights, so make sure to post photos and tag #MadeWithLia!
Ready to get started? Both our PDF template and SVG file include three different flower patterns to give your string lights some variation. Once you’ve cut your flowers, follow our simple step-by-step tutorial to make this pretty decoration.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack (Colors 1, 2, and 3), Melon Pack (Color 2), and Succulent Pack (Color 2)
- Bulb String Lights
How to Make Paper Flower String Lights
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Curl and score all of the petals and leaves using your curling tool.
- Use hot glue to attach the flower centers to your curled petals.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.