Green with DIY Wedding Envy
We always like to keep up with both home decor and wedding trends, whether it’s a specific material, color palette or styling technique. Something that we have been absolutely loving is replacing traditional floral arrangements and displays with captivatingly lush bunches of greenery. And it’s no coincidence that this trend has seen an uptick since Pantone named their 2017 Color of the Year as Greenery! If you want to incorporate some of this trend into your home or wedding design, you can start by making a DIY paper greenery chandelier.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
- Gather tools and materials listed above.
- Cut two 4-foot pieces of fishing line, tie each end to the big hoop, spacing them evenly apart. Adjust the placement of the ties so that the hoop hangs level, then secure the ties in place with a drop of glue.
- Tie a knot at the meeting point of the two lines, leaving a loop at the top for hanging.
- Cut four 12″ pieces of fishing line. Tie one end of each line to the small hoop and the other end to the big hoop in the same spots as the first ties. Secure all ties in place with a small dot of glue.
- Cut out 10-15 pieces of each type of greenery in various shades green using scissors or a cutting machine. If you are using your Cricut, it is super easy to upload the templates into your Design Space, and the machine will take care of the rest for you! Then use the edge of your scissors to curl the leaves.
- Begin gluing the greenery to the big hoop with hot glue. Allow some of the leaves to hang down, filling in the space between the two hoops.
- Wrap two vine greens up each piece of fishing line and glue into place.
- Glue more greenery around the small hoop, then glue about 25 pieces of various greenery hanging down from the small hoop.
Follow our paper greenery chandelier photo tutorial below for a visual guide as you craft!
Tips & Styling Ideas
Similar to any wreath project, this DIY greenery chandelier is extremely easy to personalize. Our template includes 3 types of ferns, silver dollar eucalyptus, an olive branch and a palm leaf. You can also add in some Queen Anne’s Lace or dusty miller from our rustic bridal bouquet for more variety. If you want to make the chandelier even more of a statement piece, you can make it a three-tier design by adding a 6″ hoop below the 10″ one. We decided to use fishing line to make the chandelier appear as if it were floating, but you can add a rustic touch by using jute twine instead.
When you’re finished crafting, there are tons of ways you can use this paper greenery chandelier. Wedding decor is an obvious one, but this project could also be great for hanging on your back deck or patio for the warmer months. Or why not make a lush botanical baby mobile? And of course, you do not have to limit yourself to just greenery for this design – add in a couple of fresh or paper blooms if you’re feeling inspired!
For more projects that you can knock out with your cutting machine, browse through our collection of SVG cut files. We’ve been swooning over this chandelier in our studio and we would love to see how you are styling yours! Please share your project photos with us using #LiasFridayFeatures so we can admire your makes – we may even feature your photo on our Instagram 🙂 We believe that everyone is creative, no matter how much experience with crafting you may have. It’s all a matter of empowering the unique creativity that lives in you! To start exploring your creative side, head over to our membership page for options to start crafting with us. See you there! ~ Lia & Team
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
- Fishing Line
- 10″ and 14″ Gold Hoops
- Lia Griffith’s Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack, Conifer Pack
- Cricut Pearl Paper & Cricut Cardstock has been discontinued
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member