Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our frosted paper Hoya Obovata plant is a great way to bring some gorgeous trailing greenery into your home. This is an easy craft project that is simple to cut by hand and would look beautiful in one of our macrame plant hangers. Or you could always place it on a shelf and have it trailing over the edge.
To get started, check out our tools and materials list below. Then download our template and step-by-step instructions.
Happy hoya days!
We know December is typically a time for Christmas greenery, but this paper Hoya Obovata will make a lovely addition to your home after the holiday season is over. Or, if you aren’t decorating for Christmas, go ahead and make this plant now! Typically this plant needs a lot of light to thrive, but crafting it out of paper means you can enjoy it any time of the year.
The Hoya Obovata is known for its large, oval-shaped leaves, which are often speckled with white flecks, and long tendrils. To bring our paper plant to life, Meagan designed six different leaf shapes and added some white dots with a paint marker. For the tendrils, she used our natural bind wire and colored it green with a brush marker. When you are ready to craft your paper Hoya Obovata, just follow our tutorial below and be sure to let us know if you have any questions!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack: Colors 2 and 3
- Bind Wire – Natural
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Blick Studio Brush Markers – Green Tomato (085)
- Uni-Posca Paint Marker – White
- Floral Foam, Moss, and Pot
How to Make a Frosted Paper Hoya Obovata Plant
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need from our list above. Then download the template below.
- Cut and score paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use a white paint pen to add a few dots to each paper leaf.
- Immediately after dotting the leaf, use an art sponge to tap the leaf and smudge the dots.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
When you’re finished crafting this frosted paper Hoya Obovata, remember to share it with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging #MadeWithLia.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member