This month’s craft collection theme is a magical fairy garden! And every fairy garden needs some mushrooms, right? Designed by Krista, this adorable paper mushroom luminary makes cute decor for a kid’s bedroom or birthday party.
Due to the intricate window details, we recommend using a cutting machine with our SVG file for this craft project. Or you can always cut the template by hand with a detail knife.
Our pattern for this paper mushroom luminary includes three different sizes. If you’re using them for a birthday celebration or garden party, you can spread them across your table along with some papercut woodland creatures. Or you can cluster them together to create a cute centerpiece.
Once you’re drafting crafting your mushrooms, you can turn them into luminaries by adding an LED tea light inside. Another fun option is to string multi-colored fairy lights around them, which makes them feel a little more magical!
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Detail Knife, Cutting Mat, and Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Scoring & Curling Tool
- Glue Stick
- Medium Weight Cardstock Paper – PaperPapers Basis White, Poptone Grapesicle and Jelly, and Stardream Metallic Punch and Amethyst
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out and score the paper mushroom pieces according to template. If you are not using a cutting machine, use the PDF template to trace onto your paper of choice and then cut it out with a detail knife and ruler. Score along all of the dotted lines.
- Curl the flaps on the mushroom cap under using a curling tool or the edge of a pair of scissors.
- Fold the tabs along the score lines.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.