If you’re looking to put together a quick and easy costume for a Halloween party or masquerade, our paper raven mask is the perfect DIY project. Not only is it simple for all skill levels to craft, but it will look so good with a black suit or dress! All you will need is some black shimmer cardstock paper, your cutting machine or craft knife, and a few other materials.
Of course, if you really want to go all out, you can craft a needle-felted raven to complement your costume. Otherwise, just skip on down to our tutorial below.
A Paper Raven Mask, and Nothing More
So far, we are all about keeping it simple this Halloween. Really, all you need is one statement piece to put together an amazing outfit. Along with a dapper black suit or a swanky back dress, all you need is this paper raven mask and nothing more!
Ready to craft your own raven mask? Just download the template below and follow our step-by-step tutorial. There are quite a few steps for this project, but it’s easy enough for even a beginner to assemble.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Black Shimmer Cardstock Paper — Recollections Black Shimmer Double-Sided (This was available as open-stock at Michael’s store only. Some other similar papers online are: PaperPapers Stardream Metallic in Onyx or Basis in Black
- 5/8″ Black Ribbon — about 35″ long
- White Colored Pencil — Prismacolor White
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Binder Clips
How to Make a Raven Mask Out of Paper
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out paper pieces according to the template, using a cutting machine (recommended) or tracing the template onto paper and cutting it out with a craft knife, scoring lines where marked.
- Overlap the slit at the top of the mask and glue in place.
- Fold all the tabs under on the beak along the score lines. Give a gentle, not crisp, fold down the middle of the beak. Glue the tabs under the opposite side of the beak tip and glue.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Want More Ideas for Halloween?
Ready to start crafting with us? Explore our membership options here.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.