The White Knight Philodendron is a rare kind of variegated philodendron plant with striking leaves. If you’ve ever seen one, it looks like someone just came by and randomly painted the leaves white. We love the look of this plant and thought it would be fun to recreate it for today’s DIY project. So here it is—our paper White Knight Philodendron!
Phil Your Home with Plants
This paper White Knight Philodendron is a great project for those of you with an intermediate skill level or higher. It’s also a fun way to experiment with different mediums. To create this plant, our designer Krista used brush markers, a marker pen, and a colored pencil.
One of the things that makes this DIY craft a little more advanced is the shading and coloring involved. So if you want to make it easier on yourself, just remove those steps and practice making the plant as is. Or, if you want to start with something simpler, check out our crepe paper philodendron.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cardstock Weight Paper — PaperPapers Basis Green
- Art Markers — Blick Studio Brush Markers in Dark Green (049) and Olive (070)
- Opaque White Art Markers — Uni Posca White Marker Pen 1.8-2.5mm (or larger)
- Green Colored Pencil — Prismacolor Chartreuse
- Thick Floral Stem Wire
- Dark Green Floral Tape — Lia Griffith Ferns & Moss
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Medium Plant Pot and Foam (to fit)
- Decorative Stones
How to Make a Paper White Knight Philodendron
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below (SVG file or PDF).
- Cut out and score paper pieces according to the template using your cutting machine or scissors.
- Shade leaves with a brushing motion using a dark green art marker—starting in the middle going outward at a slight curve.
- Shade the outer edges of the leaves going inward, leaving the brushed color barely touching in the middle uncolored area.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Explore More Ideas
To download the pattern and tutorial below, become a member. Membership gives you access to tons of templates, SVG files, photo tutorials, and more. Come get creative with us!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.