Our dinosaur party ideas may have come to an end (for now anyway), but that doesn’t mean we’re done with our dinosaur crafts! Designer Krista is back at it again with this papercut dinosaur artwork that you can download, cut, and assemble at home.
If you’ve made any of our paper artwork before, you know just how easy they are to assemble. For today’s project, all you have to do is layer each papercut design with some foam squares, frame the finished piece, and you’ve got yourself some cute dino decor!
Our papercut dinosaur artwork would look super cute in a kid’s room, playroom, or nursery. You might also want to craft these felt dinosaurs to fit your theme! Or string together some paper dinos for a fun little banner.
When you’re ready to craft your dinosaur artwork, just download our pattern below. We recommend using a cutting machine since the design is so detailed. But if you want to cut the design by hand with a detail knife, we’ve included a PDF template for you.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- 12″x12″ Cardstock Paper in various shades of green and blue (Any colors from My Colors Aqua Tones, Michaels Recollections, or Michaels Bazzill Basics would work)
- Vellum Paper
- Kraft Paper
- Adhesive Dot Roller
- Adhesive Foam Mounting Squares
- 9″x9″ Frame — Ikea Ribba
How to Make Your Own Papercut Dinosaur Artwork
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our dinosaur pattern below.
- Cut out paper pieces using a cutting machine (recommended) or using the printed template and a craft knife. Note: You can use 8.5″x11″ cardstock paper instead of 12″x12″ for any layer but the first one, as long as you line up the cutouts in the middle appropriately.
- On the back of the first layer, peel and place four foam squares.
- Line up the second layer with the first and press down gently. Place four more foam squares on the back, not directly on top of the previous.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!