One easy way to thank your guests for coming to your kid’s birthday is with a cute little treat box. Plus they make cute party decor. For our mermaid birthday theme, we thought it would be fun to create a small basket for treats in the shape of a seashell. So today we are sharing the pattern with you so you can make your own seashell treat basket!
Just download the PDF or SVG file below and follow our simple four-step tutorial. Depending on how many guests you have, it may be easier to use a cutting machine. However, the pattern is also very easy to cut by hand!
Make Waves at Your Party
This papercut seashell treat basket is a simple way to delight your guests and make your kid’s birthday party a memorable one. For our treat baskets, we played around with using eight different colors of text weight paper from PaperPapers. Some are softer shades and some are more vibrant. But they all complement our mermaid party color scheme perfectly!
If you want to use the same colors for your treat baskets, we linked them all below. The metallic shades give them that extra bit of shimmer, which we think is perfect for an under-the-sea theme.
Once you are done crafting each seashell treat basket, fill them with little candies and put them on their own designated table. Or if everyone has their own seat at the party, you can place them near your guests’ plates. To make these little baskets even cuter, you can add some papercut mermaids and shells.
If you make any of our mermaid crafts, be sure to share them with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Facebook or Instagram. We love seeing what you do with our DIY crafts!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallic Peacock, Curious Skin Emerald, Stardream Metallics Lagoon, Stardream Metallic Aquamarine, Keaykolour Coral, Basis Coral, Stardream Metallic Rose Quartz, and Stardream Metallic Coral
- Download and unzip the SVG file if using a cutting machine, or print onto cardstock paper and cut out by hand.
- Fold along the dotted score lines.
- Apply glue where indicated on the tabs and attach to the back of the seashell sides, on both sides of the basket.
- Glue the ends of the handle to the top inside of the basket.
For instant access to thousands of DIY templates and easy tutorials, join our crafting community!