After crafting our felt mermaid doll, we thought it would be so cute to design some paper decorations for a mermaid party. So for the next few days, we will be showing you all of our mermaid party ideas! Today we are sharing the pattern with you for our mermaid cake toppers and cupcake toppers — illustrated and designed by Krista. We also created a fun wave design that you can wrap around your desserts.
It is really so simple to take any party up a notch and make it feel more special with our cake toppers. And they are so easy to make! All you need is your favorite paper, scissors or a cutting machine, and some glue.
Mermazing DIY Party Decor
If your little one loves mermaids, they are going to be SO excited to see this birthday spread. We also know some adults who would love a mermaid-themed birthday party! You’re never too old to love mermaids, right??
We have designed everything for you so all you have to do is download and cut the mermaid cake toppers, layer the designs together with an adhesive, and glue toothpicks on the back. Easy peasy!
Because some of the designs are intricate, you may find it easier to craft your mermaid cake toppers and cake wrapper with a cutting machine and our SVG files. However, you can also cut these mermaid decorations by hand using our printable PDF template. Once you have everything assembled, you can sit back and admire your work — and so can your guests!
Stay tuned this week to see the rest of our mermaid party decorations! Another fun idea is to craft this mermaid headband out of felt for the guest of honor. We can’t wait to see what you create, so make sure to share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Facebook or Instagram.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallic Peacock, Curious Skin Emerald, Stardream Metallic Lagoon, Stardream Metallic Aquamarine, Keaykolour Coral, Basis Coral, Stardream Metallic Rose Quartz, Stardream Metallic Coral
- Download and unzip the SVG file if using a cutting machine, or print the PDF if cutting by hand.
- Mix and match colors of your choice, and layer each design using an adhesive tape roller to tape the layers together.
- Use your hot glue gun to attach a toothpick to the back.
- Stick your toppers in your cake and cupcakes — then enjoy!
For instant access to thousands of templates and tutorials, join our crafting community!