Straw toppers are a simple way to instantly make your party feel more styled and put together. Naturally, we had to craft some for Halloween. You can use these spider web straw toppers for a big Halloween bash or a simple get-together. They’d also be fun for a family dinner before trick-or-treating.
Not only are they cute and festive, but they’re also easy to make. Especially with a cutting machine and our SVG file. If you don’t have a cutting machine, you can cut your spider web straw toppers by hand with our PDF template. Then just follow our three-step tutorial to dress up your party drinks!
Spooky Spider Straws
Over the years, we’ve played around with different ways we can get creative with our spider web designs. Today it’s these spider web straw toppers. But in the past we have made window clings, cupcake toppers and wrappers, and even a doormat. Pretty soon we will be posting an amazing spider web necklace you can make out of shrink film.
Halloween is our favorite, so we have tons of ideas that we can’t wait to share with you. If you didn’t already see our September DIY inspiration video, make sure to check it out for a little sneak peek of the Halloween crafts we’ll be publishing on the site over the next month. Of course we have fall home decor ideas too that we’ll be posting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallic Ice Silver, Stardream Metallic Onyx
- Paper Straws – Metallic Rose Gold
How to Make Spider Web Straw Toppers
- Download the SVG file if using a cutting machine or the PDF if cutting by hand.
- Cut the spider webs from white metallic paper and the spiders from black metallic paper.
- Glue one spider web toward the top of the straw, leaving about 1.5″ at the top. Glue a second web on the other side. Add a spider, tucking a leg inside the web.
You can also keep up with our latest DIY crafts by following us from your favorite social platform. Explore video tutorials for craft projects on our YouTube channel. Or get daily inspiration from our Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook.
Ready to start crafting with us? Explore our membership options here.