Dust off your wooden clogs fellow Oregonians because the annual tulip festival is almost upon us! For those of you who don’t live in the Pacific Northwest, we’ve found a way to bring the beauty of these dutch bulbs to your own home. These gorgeous paper tulips are the product of a winning combination – our extra fine crepe paper and pan pastels that make the colors pop. We love how these beauties reflect the light and stun from every angle. The supplies and steps you need to make your own crepe paper tulips are listed below so you can spring to it!
To browse more paper tulips for springtime, click here.
Click here for our beginner’s guide on how to make crepe paper flowers.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Extra Fine Crepe Paper – Mango, Juniper, Evergreen, Vanilla
- Pan Pastel – Magenta, Bright Yellow Green
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Fern
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut the crepe paper according to pattern.
- Fold a petal in half, slightly off center. Fold up the longer end to make a crease in the center, then add dab of glue to ends to secure.
- Curl petals with the edge of your scissors.
- Use a sponge to apply Magenta Pan Pastel to both sides of top of each petal.
- Stretch the centers of each petal.
- Twist the middle of the rectangle center piece and glue both ends together around bent wire.
- Twist each fringe piece.
- Glue and wrap the fringe piece to the center flower piece.
- Glue three petals evenly around flower center, then glue the last three between previous petals.
- Cover the flower stem with floral tape, adding leaves as you work your way down.
- Use Bright Yellow Green Pan Pastel with a sponge to add color to the leaves.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team