We love how these beauties reflect the light and stun from every angle. The supplies and steps you need to make your own painted crepe paper tulips are listed below so you can spring to it! If you’re new to making crepe paper flowers, make sure to watch our 10 things to know about crepe paper on our getting started page.
Dust off your wooden clogs fellow Oregonians because the annual tulip festival is almost upon us! For those of you who don’t live in the Pacific Northwest, we’ve found a way to bring the beauty of these dutch bulbs to your own home. These gorgeous painted crepe paper tulips are the product of a winning combination — our extra fine crepe paper and pan pastels that make the colors pop.
We will show you how to color your flowers in our step-by-step photo tutorial below. For more tips on this technique, you can also watch our video tutorial on using PanPastel. Want more ideas? Browse more paper tulips for springtime.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Enchanted Garden: Juniper, Mango, Evergreen
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Vanilla
- PanPastel – Magenta, Bright Yellow Green
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Fern
Instructions for Painted Crepe Crepe Paper Tulips
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the tulip pattern below.
- Cut the crepe paper according to the pattern, using your scissors or a cutting machine.
- Fold a petal in half, slightly off-center. Fold up the longer end to make a crease in the center, then add dab of glue to ends to secure.
- Continue with each petal and then curl your paper petals with the edge of your scissors.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share your flower crafts with us by using #MadeWithLia. We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so be proud of what you’ve made and share your project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY projects.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & team