How adorable are these pom-pom gnome ornaments?! Designer Krista had so much fun bringing this concept to life. She was inspired by gnome/elf characters in traditional Scandinavian and Nordic folklore—the tonttu of Finland, the tomte of Sweden, and the nisse of Norway. Scroll down to lean how to make these simple Christmas crafts. Or browse our other pom-pom craft ideas here.
Save Time Searching
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for a limited time... You can get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects as an annual member for just $79! When you join during this exclusive sale, you'll get unlimited access to all of our projects, video library, and a FREE Crepe Paper Flower Master Class perfect for beginners. You'll also get a few other goodies that can't be Googled! 😉
Want to see all the limited-time-only goodies you can't Google?
Rollin’ with the Gnomies
These miniature mythical sprites are meant to serve as protectors for the home or farmstead. Though they have a tendency to stir up some good-natured mischief every now and then! Channel some legendary charm and craft up a few of these characters to keep watch over your own home this holiday season.
How To Make Pom-Pom Gnome Ornaments
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern at the end of this post.
- Make pom poms using an extra small pom-pom maker and white acrylic yarn. Trim the edges.
- Cut hats out of the felt according to the pattern.
- Use white embroidery floss to embroider the hats according to our embroidery guide. A washable/air dry fabric marker is helpful for drawing on your design as a guide for stitching. For a child-friendly version, use fabric paint for the details.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. And sign up for your own membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use#MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects. We love seeing what you create! Happy holidays ~ Lia & team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Extra Small Pom Pom Maker
- Embroidery Needle
- Fabric Marker (recommended)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Peacock, Mint (formerly Julep), Strawberry, Carnation Pink (formerly Pink)
- Embroidery Floss in White
- Felt Balls in White — 1cm
- White Yarn
- Wooden Beads — 10mm or 12mm
- Bakers Twine
Let Your Creativity Bloom!
Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates. Plus! Members get exclusive deals at our sister shop - Felt Paper Scissors. Everything you need to let your creativity bloom is waiting for you here!Become a Member for $79