It’s been a while since we’ve crafted some adorable pom-pom pals. Today’s pals make such cute pom-pom Halloween decor. And they’re a fun craft project for all ages!
Follow our tutorial below to learn how to craft your own pom-pom spider, pumpkin, and ghost friends. Then browse our Halloween projects page to see what else you can make!
Pumpkin, ghosts, and spiders are a great Halloween trio. You can craft them now to decorate your mantel, shelf, or table. Or make them for your Halloween party.
You will see in our tools list below that we used our pom-pom maker to craft medium and small poms. Then we trimmed our poms to create the shapes we wanted for our pom-pom Halloween decor. After that, you’ll simply use your felt to create the pumpkin stem and your wire to craft the spider’s legs. Lastly, you’ll use your hot glue gun to attach the stem, legs, and safety eyes to your various pom-pom pals.
There are so many other fun pom-pom crafts you can make with your pom-pom maker, so we highly suggest grabbing one — especially if you’re crafting with kiddos! Some other fun Halloween ideas are our felt boo banner, which would look really cute with your pom-pom Halloween decor. And so would these mini metallic trees.
Once you’ve crafted all your Halloween projects from our site, make sure to share them with us! Post pictures and tag @liagriffith or #MadeWithLia so we can see them. Happy Halloween crafting, friends!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Scissors
- Pom-Pom Maker – Medium and Small
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Knit Picks Yarn – Brava Worsted Yarn White, Black, and Orange
- Wool Blend Felt – Lichen
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered White
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint —Black
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
How to Make Pom-Pom Halloween Decor
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Use the medium pom-pom maker to make a white pom for the ghost and the small pom-pom maker to make a black pom for the spider and an orange pom for the pumpkin.
- Trim the orange and black pom poms into circles and trim the white pom-pom into a ghost shape — round on top and flat on the bottom.
- Cut felt according to the template notes using scissors or a cutting machine; then apply glue to one side of the felt.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Want More Ideas for Halloween?
Ready to start crafting with us? Explore our membership options here.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.