Love creating your own accessories? Follow our tutorial below to see how we combined heat transfer vinyl and felt to make this super cute daisy tote bag with a positive affirmation. Our project download includes two messages to choose from and a variety of flower shapes to use however you’d like.
All of the supplies we used are linked below — and be sure to read our crafting tip to see how else you can use this design!
Make today a good day
Our daisy tote bag features a positive affirmation using retro lettering that we cut out of heat transfer vinyl and ironed onto a denim tote bag. The flowers are cut out of felt and also ironed on using fusible web. We love how the white vinyl lettering pops against the dark blue denim tote, but you could always use a darker or bolder vinyl against a lighter tote.
Skill level: Intermediate due to the addition of the felt pieces and using fusible webbing
Crafting tip: Check out the second design in the PDF template and SVG that was not photographed! Also included in the PDF template is a printable that you could frame and use as decor.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cotton Denim Tote
- Lia Griffith Fusible Web
- Art Glitter Glue
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Mustard, Arctic, Paprika, and Rose Quartz
- Siser Easyweed Heat Transfer — White, Powder Blue, Mustard, and Bubble Gum
How to Make a Retro Daisy Tote Bag
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Place lettering on the tote, then iron into place.
- Use small dots of white glue to hold fusible web in place on felt flowers.
- Arrange felt flowers on tote, then iron into place.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.