Now you can have fresh strawberries all summer long with this potted paper strawberry plant. It’s incredibly adorable and simple to make. Plus, thanks to our friends at Paper Papers, we are giving you this pattern for FREE. If there was ever a time to test your summer crafting skills this is it! All you have to do is visit Paper Papers website to download either the SVG or PDF files, then cut. Finally, follow along with our photo tutorial below to learn how to assemble your potted paper strawberry plant.
For this sweet potted paper strawberry plant we used Paper Papers poptone text weight paper. We are absolutely in love with this paper for our summer crafts! It’s offers the perfect thickness to remain firm yet malleable and is super fun and bright. To discover your own perfect shade, browse Paper Papers wide selection here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pliers/ Wire Cutters
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Template (FREE!)
- Text Weight Paper – Paper-Papers Pop-Tone “Wild Cherry”, “Pink Lemonade”, “Sour Apple”, “Banana Split”, “Whip Cream”, and “Gumdrop Green”
- Art Markers – Copic Sketch “Garnet (R39)”, “Pink (RV11)”, and “Grass Green (YG17)”
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Moss” Green
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Terracotta Pot (with foam to fit) – 4” diameter
- Moss or Decorative Stones
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out paper pieces according to pattern (cutting machine recommended). Our potted strawberry plant had: 2 large red strawberries, 1 medium pink strawberry, 2 small green strawberries, 18 big leaves, 9 medium, 9 small, and 4 flowers.
- Draw seeds onto strawberries and shade the leafy tops using art markers.
- Curl flaps on the strawberries and tops using the edge of a pair of scissors or curling tool.
- Apply glue to the tab on a strawberry and attach to the opposite side to form a conical shape.
- Curl flaps on top and glue closed, overlapping.
- For the bigger strawberry: glue the bigger of the two leafy top pieces on top before adding wire (see below).
- To make a stem: bend a length of paper covered floral wire 90° with pliers.
- Poke end through a strawberry top and glue to the underside of the leaf.
- Glue top to strawberry and gently curve wire.
- Draw veins and shade leaves with an art marker. Fold the leaves in half, then curl the edges outward using the edge of a pair of scissors or curling tool.
- Glue leaves in sets of 3 (same size) on the end of floral wire – First glue 2 on opposite sides under the wire, with the third on top in the middle.
- Curl blossom petals inward using then end of a wooden skewer or chopstick, and then curl the tips of the leaves upward.
- Curl stamen centers inward. Glue and stack 2 stamen centers together, then glue in the middle of the blossoms.
- Bend a length of paper covered floral wire 90° with pliers, then poke the end through the leafy top and glue to the topside (like with the big strawberries). Glue the blossom on top.
- Wrap the finished strawberries and blossom stems together using floral tape, in sets of 2 and 3.
- Place moss or decorative stones into terracotta pot, on top of foam (to fit). Stick the ends of the wire into the middle, fanning outward to the edges. Trim ends to fit.
- Fill the pot starting with the berries curling over the pot rim on the bottom, with smaller leaves. Then, finish filling out the pot with the bigger/medium sized leaves on top, fanning up and out with the blossoms poking through between the sets of leaves.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team