Shrink film isn’t just for the kids, it’s fun for all ages! Make a pair of our shrink film geometric earrings and you’ll be surprised at just how stylish the results are. After such positive feedback from our Shrink Film Geometric Necklace, we came up with the idea for these earrings. With just a few simple steps and supplies, you will have so much fun crafting. Give a pair as a gift and shock your friends when you reveal their shrinky dink origins!
Tools & Materials
- Paint Brush
- Hole Punch
- Round Nose Pliers
- Shrink Film
- 6 Jump Rings – 1/4”
- 2 Shepherds Hook Ear Wires
- Acrylic Paint
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the shrink film according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine. Use a hole punch to punch out the 6 holes.
- Bake the shrink film according to the instructions provided on the packaging.
- Once the earrings cool, paint them with the colors of your choosing.
- Let the paint dry, then use the round nose pliers to attach the two earring components with two jump rings — one through each hole.
- Attach the shepherds hook ear wires to the top of the earrings with a jump ring.
We source our shrink film from Amazon — find some of your own here and here. For our acrylic paint, we used Martha Stewart’s Wild Blueberry, Blue Sky and Yellow Gold, but feel free to get creative with your own color palette.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today! And don’t forget to use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your projects — we love seeing your creativity in action. Until next time ~ Lia & Team