Think Shrinky Dink
Shrink film isn’t just for the kids, it’s fun for all ages! Make a pair of our shrink film geometric earrings and you’ll be surprised at just how stylish the results are. After such positive feedback from our Shrink Film Geometric Necklace, we came up with the idea for these earrings. With just a few simple steps and supplies, you will have so much fun crafting. Give a pair as a gift and shock your friends when you reveal their shrinky dink origins!
Tools & Materials
- Paint Brush
- Hole Punch
- Round Nose Pliers
- Shrink Film
- 6 Jump Rings – 1/4”
- 2 Shepherds Hook Ear Wires
- Acrylic Paint
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the shrink film according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine. Use a hole punch to punch out the 6 holes.
- Bake the shrink film according to the instructions provided on the packaging.
- Once the earrings cool, paint them with the colors of your choosing.
- Let the paint dry, then use the round nose pliers to attach the two earring components with two jump rings — one through each hole.
- Attach the shepherds hook ear wires to the top of the earrings with a jump ring.
For more shrink film projects made simple, click here. And for more DIY jewelry inspiration, click here.
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today! And don’t forget to use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your projects — we love seeing your creativity in action. Until next time ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
any tips on how to make acrylic paint look better on shrink pieces? how many layers did you use?
I painted 2 layers. Let it dry completely before painting the second layer. Better quality paint may only require 1 layer.
I do not wear pierced earrings but I am going to make them for my sister. Love them.
Great gift idea! 🙂
Great idea….can’t wait to try it. Thank you
You’re so welcome, have fun!