Your friend shrink film is back again with these monstera leaf earrings. Create your own pair for a chic summer look. They also make great gifts for your friends. Craft along with our simple tutorial below to get a head start on summer.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Small Hole Punch – 1/8″
- Jewelry Pliers
- Oven or Toaster Oven
- Parchment Paper/Vellum
- Baking Sheet
- Shrink Film – Grafix “Matte” and “Metallic Gold”
- 2 Gold Jump Rings – 3mm
- 2 Earring Posts
- Permanent Glue – E6000
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut the monstera leaves and circles out of shrink film using a cutting machine (recommended). We cut the shrink film using a pink fabric mat on the “Custom Material: Foil Acetate” setting in Design Space, with the pressure set to “More”, and cutting it twice. You can also try the “Gel Sheet” setting which cuts 4 times. If cutting by hand – print out paper template, cut out, trace onto shrink film and cut out with a craft knife. Punch a hole at the top of the leaves and edge of the circles. Keep in mind that everything will shrink to 20% of its original size – test out the hole size for the jump ring on a scrap piece first.
- Bake the cut out shrink film following the product instructions.
- Attach the jump rings to the leaves and circles using jewelry pliers.
- Apply a small amount of E6000 glue to the earring post. Allow the glue to get tacky for a couple of minutes before attaching post to the back of the earrings, centered near the top of the circle piece.
- Allow the glue to cure for 24hours before wearing.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Hi! Love these earrings! But for some reason my Maker does not cut the material on the setting mentioned. Any advice? Thank you!!
Shrink film is really tricky! We did test one brand that just refused to cut. So it depends on your blade and the brand of shrink film, but we had recent success cutting on a pink Fabric mat on the “Gel Sheet” setting (which cuts the design four times).