Remember the shrink film spider web earrings we shared a couple of weeks ago? Well, our graphic designer Lindsay created this shrink film spider web necklace to go along with it. So cute! You can see how well these spider web accessories complement each other in our picture below with Anna as the model.
Just like our spider web earrings, this necklace is such a fun Halloween accessory. And it’s very easy to make! All you will need is our SVG file below to use with your cutting machine. Or you can use our PDF template if you’re cutting our design by hand.
Let’s Hang Out!
Whether you’re hanging out at home this year to pass out Halloween candy or going to a party, you’re going to need some Halloween accessories. Both our shrink film spider web necklace and our spider web earrings make great statement pieces. Especially if you’re not wearing a full-on costume for Halloween.
If you have never crafted with shrink film (or it’s been a while), just follow our simple step-by-step tutorial below. We will be posting a video tutorial this weekend on how to make all of our Halloween shrink film jewelry. So if you need extra guidance on how to make this shrink film spider web necklace, be sure to check our YouTube page this Saturday! Of course, you can always comment below too. Happy crafting!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Craft Scissors and Small Hole Punch (if cutting by hand)
How to Make a Shrink Film Spider Web Necklace
- Cut your shrink film using the printable PDF template or SVG file below. If using a Cricut Maker, cut on the “Acetate” setting (always test a small piece first!).
- Bake shrink film according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Using your pliers, open up two jump rings; add a jump ring between each cobweb to connect all three pieces.
- Place your jewelry chain around your neck to find your desired length of necklace; then use your wire cutters to cut the chain accordingly.
- Using your pliers, open up a jump ring and attach one end of your chain; repeat this on the other end of the necklace.
- If you find that you want your necklace to be shorter at this point, hold necklace up to find the center; use your pliers to open the chain and the wire cutters to trim your chain accordingly.
- Open up jump ring and attach to center of chain; then add one more jump ring to attach the lobster claw to the chain.
For more ideas, visit our Halloween crafts page. And if you make any of our projects, let us know! You can share your DIY projects with us and the rest of our crafting community by posting pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
You can also keep up with our latest DIY crafts by following us from your favorite social platform. Explore video tutorials for craft projects on our YouTube channel. Or get daily inspiration from our Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook.
Ready to start crafting with us? Explore our membership options here.