Back in 2016, we made some simple felt hearts for Valentine’s Day. These stuffed felt conversation hearts that Emily created are a step up from that project with their iron-on and embroidery details. That being said, they are till very easy to craft and great for beginners!
Get started by checking out our supplies list below with the linked tools and materials.
Be Mine, Valentine
In our downloads below, you will find two different sizes to make both small and large felt conversation hearts. You can also decide if you want to use the heat transfer vinyl for your text or embroider the words onto your hearts. Of course you can always choose to do both!
Skill level: Beginner
Embroidery stitches used: Blanket Stitch and Stem Stitch (stem stitch is optional). Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
Crafting tips: You can craft these felt conversation hearts as a Valentine’s Day gift or use them as decorations. For example, you can fill the large hearts with rice to use them as hand warmers. Or stuff the small hearts with poly-fill and add a string to the top so you can hang them.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Kai 8″ Scissors
- Kai Curved Thread Snips
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Clover Embroidery Needles
- Cricut EasyPress or Iron (for heat transfer vinyl option)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Azalea, Carnation Pink, Tangerine, and Coral
- DMC Embroidery Thread — 600, 603, 3078, and 608
- Heat Transfer Vinyl — Sunset Pack: Pink, Coral, and Cream
- Sulky Stick N Stitch — (for embroidery option)
- Stuffie Puff (Poly-Fil) (optional)
- Rice (optional)
How to Make Stuffed Felt Conversation Hearts
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut hearts from the template by hand or with a cutting machine.
- For the heat transfer vinyl method, iron on the phrases.
- For the embroidery method, print phrases on Sulky Stick n Stitch. Cut out and place on hearts.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.