To follow up our tissue paper Cajun hibiscus flower, we have another fun, new tropical flower for you! Our tissue paper hibiscus features pretty papers from our new Summer Meadow tissue paper pack. This pack includes 24 sheets of tissue paper in six different colors so you can make a variety of flowers and greenery.
If you have never used tissue paper for making flowers before, we promise it is easier than you think! Along with your tissue paper, all you need is scissors, glue, floral wire, and floral tape. Use our template to cut out all of the pieces and then follow our photo tutorial as you craft your tissue paper hibiscus flower and leaves.
A Tropical Treat
We love being able to enjoy tropical flowers at any time of the year. If you love hibiscus flowers and want to try crafting one out of a different material, we have some other options for you! For example, we have made a crepe paper hibiscus as well as a felt hibiscus. Try them all out and see which one you like best!
If you craft our tissue paper hibiscus, we’d love to see your version. As always, you can share photos of your DIY projects on Instagram or Facebook and tag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Tissue Paper – Summer Meadow
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire – 22-gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Moss
- Gather the craft tools and materials listed above. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Using your scissors, cut out the tissue paper according to the pattern.
- Glue and wrap two fringe pieces around and down your floral wire.
- Glue a strip of tissue paper to the base of the fringe and down the stem.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
To start crafting with us, head over to our membership page to join our crafting community! Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with craft templates and instructions.