To follow up our tissue paper Cajun hibiscus flower, we have another fun, new tropical flower for you! Our tissue paper hibiscus features pretty papers from our new Summer Meadow tissue paper pack. This pack includes 24 sheets of tissue paper in six different colors so you can make a variety of flowers and greenery.
If you have never used tissue paper for making flowers before, we promise it is easier than you think! Along with your tissue paper, all you need is scissors, glue, floral wire, and floral tape. Use our template to cut out all of the pieces and then follow our photo tutorial as you craft your tissue paper hibiscus flower and leaves.
A Tropical Treat
We love being able to enjoy tropical flowers at any time of the year. If you love hibiscus flowers and want to try crafting one out of a different material, we have some other options for you! For example, we have made a crepe paper hibiscus as well as a felt hibiscus. Try them all out and see which one you like best!
If you craft our tissue paper hibiscus, we’d love to see your version. As always, you can share photos of your DIY projects on Instagram or Facebook and tag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Tissue Paper – Summer Meadow
- Green Paper-Covered Floral Wire – 22-gauge
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape – Moss
- Gather the craft tools and materials listed above. Then download the flower pattern at the end of this post.
- Using your scissors, cut out the tissue paper according to the pattern.
- Glue and wrap two fringe pieces around and down your floral wire.
- Glue a strip of tissue paper to the base of the fringe and down the stem.
- Gather three green pieces on the longer side, then cut o points. Glue three green pieces together, then around the stem.
- Stack three petals slightly staggered, then twist the bottom to keep petals together.
- Glue petals around flower center.
- Cover floral wire with floral tape.
- Refer to template to create creases in tissue paper.
- Cut top of one side of tissue to create points.
- Glue leaves to end of floral wire, then cover wire with floral tape.
Love crafting with tissue paper? Make sure to check out our other tissue paper flowers for ideas! You can also use our tissue paper for gift wrapping.
For daily DIY ideas, including paper flowers, paper decor, and more, be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. And check out our YouTube channel for paper flower video tutorials.
To start crafting with us, head over to our membership page to join our crafting community! Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with craft templates and instructions.
Become a Member to get more projects
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
I too have purchased this pack and it also won’t let me view the tutorial unless I become a member. Also cannot find the tutorial on your YouTube channel either, cheers Jane
Hi Jane! The downloads are all free (I just double-checked to make sure we didn’t miss something!) It might be asking for your email address but you do not need to be a member to view this project.
I purchased a couple of packs of your tissue paper at our local Spotlight store (Australia). The pattern is provided but, when I look at your website for instructions, I find that I have to be a member to access them.
I find it just a bit much that, after purchasing your product, I am now supposed to pay to find out how to use it.
Hi Susan! All of the templates and tutorials for projects in the tissue paper packs are free. This one was accidentally marked for Members only, but it has been fixed now.
Hello. Is there an SVG file for this?
Hi Tina! No we haven’t created SVG files for tissue paper projects since tissue can’t be cut on the Cricut (at least that we have tried!)