Handmade Flowers for Stunning Winter Home Decor
Snowdrops are sweet little white flowers that blossom at the end of winter. These ladies start showing their petals as soon as they know spring is upon us, so we are welcoming these baby blooms with open arms! Because snowdrops are more delicate flowers, we thought that tissue paper would be the perfect material. For a shimmery touch, we used the frosted white paper from our Americana tissue pack. When you are finished, these simple tissue paper snowdrops can be a gorgeous piece of desk or home decor.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
- Gather tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF template and cut tissue pieces according to the pattern.
- Glue the yellow fringe around the end of your floral wire.
- Use a green marker to add some detailing to the rounded white fringe piece. See the photo tutorial below for reference.
- Glue the rounded fringe around the yellow center, with the green detailing on the inside.
- Glue three petals evenly spaced around the center of the flower.
- Use floral tape to wrap the base of the flower and stem.
- Bend the wire so that the snowdrops point slightly downward.
- Glue three green leaves to a short piece of floral wire.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves in your choice of vase or container filled with dried moss.
To add some texture to our tissue paper snowdrops, our maker Jessica May decided to use text weight metallic paper in Fairway for the leaves. For the marker portion, we used Copic brand in Pea Green. These flowers would look gorgeous in a terra cotta pot, but instead we used a cute wire basket that we had lying around the studio and added some cork paper around the edges. The dried moss was enough to anchor the lightweight flowers, but you can also stick the floral wire stems into a piece of foam to make it more secure. Easy!
More Paper Flower Inspiration
Browse all of our tissue paper flowers for more inspiration to make delicate blooms. Take a look at our adorable crepe paper crocuses if you want another winter flower to pair with your snowdrops, or head over to our membership page to join in on the crafty fun. We love hearing your ideas, so send us your suggestions in the comments below for paper flowers you want to see next! Share your photos on Instagram using #DIYDreamingWithLia for a chance to be featured. Cheers! ~ Lia & Team
- Lia Griffith Frosted Tissue Paper – Americana Pack (white), Tropical Squeeze (yellow)
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack
- 18 Gauge Floral Wire
- Green Floral Tape
- Green Art Marker
- Container of Choice
- Dried Moss
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member