These felt toadstool pencil toppers are fun for all ages! Designer Jessica has a knack for whimsical felt fun. For this project, she has come up with a step-by-step photo tutorial and templates to make your crafting experience just that much simpler. Make these for your kids as a back-to-school surprise or make them as a gift to yourself!
Tools & Materials
- Sewing Needle
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Floss
- Polymer Clay
- Paint Brush
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Sew edges of your mushroom top, as shown.
- Pull the end of the string to tighten. Add a bit of polyfill to the center.
- Tighten to fully close the opening. Knot your string, then cut off the excess.
- Glue the base of your mushroom together using the end of a pencil to make the right size.
- Next, glue the base of your mushroom to the top of your mushroom. Fringe a ring and then glue around the mushroom.
- Using the end of a paint brush, apply white dots to the top of the mushroom.
- Use polymer clay to form circles with flattened bottoms. Bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Paint these clay pieces red to create ladybugs. Use black paint to make a face and dots on your ladybugs.
- Finally, glue your ladybugs to the tops of your mushrooms.
Connect With Us!
Connect with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and become a Lia Griffith member for just $10 a month today! For a chance to be featured on our social media channels, use #MadeWithLia and share photos of your projects — your creativity is our biggest inspiration! Always feel free to reach out with any questions and feedback… we love hearing from you. Cheers ~ Lia & Team