If you joined us yesterday for our YouTube Live, you got a little sneak peek of these tropical paper lanterns! As you may know, we love to design paper lanterns that you can use as home decor or as party decor.
Not only do they make a pretty addition to mantels and tables, but they are very quick and easy to craft with a cutting machine and our SVG file. Of course, you can also cut them by hand with a detail knife if you want to!
You can make these tropical paper lanterns in no time at all with a cutting machine. To cut them by hand instead, just download our PDF template below. Then follow our simple four-step tutorial.
As with all of our paper lanterns, we like to add LED tea light candles that flicker. This gives it a realistic touch and is perfect for when it starts to get dark out and you want that warm, cozy glow. If you’re using these tropical paper lanterns for a party this summer, we also have more pretty tropical projects that you can use as decorations.
We will be sharing more tropical crafts next week, so stay tuned! If you have any suggestions for what we should make next, let us know in the comments. Enjoy! ~Lia and team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Knife (if cutting by hand)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Adhesive Dot Roller
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallic Peacock, Curious Metallic Rose Gold, and Shine Moss
- Translucent Vellum Paper
- Flameless Flickering Tea Lights
- Gather tools and materials, and download the SVG file to your desktop. Upload to your cutting machine’s software and cut the design for the lanterns and windows. Use scissors or a detail knife if using the PDF to cut by hand.
- Fold lanterns along score lines. Glue vellum window pieces to inside of lantern.
- Add glue or adhesive along tabs; then press and hold to secure.
- Place a flameless flickering tea light inside the lantern on a flat surface, or add ribbon or twine to hang.