As we said in our May inspirational video, we are bringing the tropics to you this month! Since many of us are still staying close to home and not traveling anywhere, we may as well make the best of our outdoor gatherings and celebrations. To help you with this, we have an assortment of tropical party decorations for you that are simple and fun to craft.
Altogether, there are patterns to make cupcake decor, napkin rings, tropical leaves, and a paper flower lei. Because the lei is a bit more involved than the other decorations, we have created a tutorial below just for that project.
Tropical table fun
Whether it’s a birthday, graduation, or baby shower, these tropical party decorations make celebrating at home even more memorable. You could also use them for a tropical staycation — or just to make your family dinner night a little more fun!
For our tropical party decorations, we used a mix of frosted text weight paper and regular text weight paper. Since many of the leaves involve intricate cuts — and there are quite a few decorations you can make — we recommend using a cutting machine. Otherwise, you can use our printable templates to cut by hand.
We would love to see how you use these paper decorations, so be sure to share them with us on our private Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Frosted Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallics Ice Silver and Ink, Stardream Metallic Coral, POPTONE Pink Lemonade
- Text Weight Paper – Paper Source Sage or Eucalyptus
- Bakers Twine – Green
How to Make a Frosted Paper Lei
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download our pattern below. (PDF and SVG also includes patterns for other tropical decor shown here.)
- Cut your paper flowers and leaves according to template, using a cutting machine or scissors.
- Shape all of your paper petals with a curling tool.
- Glue tabs on flowers and attach to side to create cone. Small pink petals will curl inward, and large flowers curl outward.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.