After creating these color block coasters, we thought it would be fun to design another macrame project that combines two colors. This two-tone macrame wall hanging is easy to make and will look so gorgeous in your home!
All you need are scissors, macrame cord, and a dowel. Everything we used is linked below, and you can download the step-by-step tutorial at the end of the post.
Two cords are better than one
Teal is one of my favorite colors, so I love how Meagan incorporated this blue-green color with the natural cord to create this two-tone macrame wall hanging. Macrame wall hangings instantly make any room feel more cozy, and adding this ocean color makes it feel even more peaceful and relaxing to look at.
You can, of course, use whatever colors of macrame cord you prefer for your wall hanging. And if you have any questions about this project, just comment below!
Skill Level: Beginner.
Knots used: Larks Head Knot and Horizontal Half Hitch. Want to learn how to make these macrame knots? Check out our macrame video tutorials.
Crafting tips: If you are running short on macrame cord, you may cut the last cords used a bit shorter; these are the natural cords that are furthest from the center starting point on the outside or the last few green cords added.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- 4mm Single Strand Macrame Cord — Natural (approximately 136 ft.) and Ocean (approximately 91 ft.)
- Wooden Dowel —1/2″ x 18″
How to Make a Two-Tone Macrame Wall Hanging
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the tutorial below.
- Cut seventeen 8-ft. natural-colored cords. Then cut eight 7-ft. and seven 5-ft. blue-colored cords.
- Fold two natural color cords in half and tie a larks head knot around the dowel; arrange cords centered on the dowel.
- Take the right cord from the left knot and bring it across the two cords to the right this is your holding cord.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Love this DIY idea? Check out all of our macrame crafts. Or browse through our home decor section for more projects. For more inspiration, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.