This DIY paper deer head is a beautiful handcrafted work of art. Reminiscent of taxidermy trophies, this papercut version evokes a similar rustic vibe. Go for a stroll in the forest and find a wood slice that appeals to you, then create your paper deer head to mount on its face. This project makes for a unique holiday gift or decoration for a home den/living space.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Scissors or Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Adhesive-Back Wood Paper – 3 2×12″ sheets
- Cardstock – 3 teal, 1 red and 1 green 12×12″ sheets
- Wood Slice – Large
- Felt (for the wood slice)
- 6″ Red Ribbon – 1/4″ or 1/2″ wide
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Peel the backer off the wood paper and attach it to teal cardstock. (This will thicken the paper.)
- Trim your felt to fit the back of your wood slice. Glue a ribbon loop holder to the back of the wood, then glue the felt to the wood.
- Trim your pieces according to the pattern. Score and fold along the dotted lines.
- Flip over to the backside.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Craft With Us
Questions? Feedback? Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects – you never fail to inspire us! Cheers ~ Lia & Team