As seen on our 2017 Christmas tree, these DIY wood tassel ornaments are a handcrafted wonder. A stunning and stylish addition to any holiday tree! Depending on your Christmas color scheme, use DMC embroidery floss in a palette of your own design. Simply gather the supplies listed below and craft along with our step-by-step tutorial today. Happy Holidays, crafters!
- Barc Wood Paper with Adhesive Backing
- 26-Gauge Wire
- Jump Rings
- 4” Piece of Cardboard
- Embroidery Floss
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut the paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Cut two 3-inch pieces of wire.
- Wrap the wire around the round nose pliers, then twist the wire together. Repeat with the second piece of wire.
- Fold the cut out shapes along the score marks.
- Peel back half of the backing on two of the cut shapes.
- Line up the two shapes and stick them together.
- Peel off the rest of the backing, keep the paper from sticking together and place the wire loops in the seam at the top and bottom.
- Take the third shape and remove the backing, then line it up with the other two and stick it into place.
- Wrap the embroidery floss in the colors of your choice around the 4-inch piece of cardboard, then take a jump ring and attach it to the top of your tassel.
- Cut the bottom of the tassel, then wrap a piece of floss around the top.
- Attach the tassel to the bottom loop of the wood shape with the jump ring, then tie a piece of embroidery floss to the top for hanging.
Questions? Feedback? Don’t forget to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects – you never fail to inspire us! Cheers ~ Lia & Team
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.