Bring some winter woodland charm to your home with our 3D paper cabin. Designer Krista has a knack for all crafts adorable. In addition to this whimsical craft, she has also made these cute woodland ornaments. For this project, we recommend using a cutting machine. But if you don’t have access to a cutting machine, you can cut out our template using an X-Acto blade and ruler for just as beautiful of results.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
If you’re stuck inside due to snow or you just like to hibernate a bit more during the month of December, this is a great winter craft to work on. Not only is it super cute and easy to make—it’s also a perfect addition to your holiday décor. We placed our 3D paper cabin in a glass dome with some battery-powered tea lights to give it that warm Christmasy feel.
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the pattern at the end of this post.
- Cut and score the paper and vellum pieces according to the template (a cutting machine is recommended). If cutting by hand, print your PDF directly onto paper and cut with an X-Acto blade. Use a bone folder and ruler to score along the dotted lines.
- Fold the tabs and roof of the cabin pieces inwards where scored. Glue the wooden beams onto the front using tacky glue and a small flat paintbrush. Line the beams up with the small window in the middle.
- Flip it over and glue vellum inside to cover the windows.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Strut Your Stuff!
Show us what you’re crafting this season! Use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of all of your latest work with us on your social pages. To start crafting with us, sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. And for even more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest. Until next time! ~ Lia & team
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- Cricut Scraper or Bone Folder
- X-Acto Blade & Ruler (if cutting by hand)
- Frosted Text Weight Paper in White
- Lia Griffith Vellum Paper Pack
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Battery-Powered Tea Lights
- 10″ Glass Dome and 7″ Glass Dome
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member