Make a statement with our 3D paper star tree topper this holiday season. Using a heavy card stock, save your star to use for Christmases to come. With the help of a cutting machine, this project is surprisingly simple and quick to create. If you don’t have access to a cutting machine, have no fear! An X-Acto blade and hole punches will create just as pretty of an effect. This paper tree topper will be the star of your holiday show.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- X-Acto Blade or Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- Wire Cutters
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Text Weight Paper – FAV Shimmer Paper in Pure Gold
- Tacky Glue – Alene’s Quick Dry
- Gold Wire – 18-gauge
- Cone (or something tapered to shape your wire around)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out and score your star pieces using a cutting machine (recommended). If not, print the template directly onto paper and cut out with an X-Acto blade and score along dotted lines with a bone folder. You can use punches for the cut outs. You will need five pieces to make a star.
- Fold along the score lines. The two shorter tabs should be folded up and the longer tab folded inward, as shown in the photo tutorial.
- Glue the long tab to the opposite side using tacky glue and a flat paintbrush to make a cone shape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Craft With Us!
For more DIY inspiration, join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership today. For a chance to be featured on our social media, remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we can’t wait to see what you create! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.