Craft the Cosmos
Cosmos are the perfect flower for February. Steeped in symbolism of unity, love, and loyalty, craft a few of our all-new advanced crepe paper chocolate cosmos to give to your sweetheart. These intricate beauties make for such a romantic bouquet or centerpiece… craft them in whatever colors compliment your personal style! If you’re newer to the world of crepe paper flowers, try some of our other cosmos flowers first and then challenge yourself with this more advanced style project.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Lia Griffith Crepe Paper in Merlot (Heavy) and Cypress (Extra Fine)
- Green Paper Covered wire – 18-gauge, 26-gauge
- Art Marker – Copic RV69
- Lia Griffith Floral Tape in Green
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to the pattern.
- Paint the top edge of the larger fringe piece, then cut.
- Glue both fringe pieces around the end of an 18-gauge floral wire with the painted edge on the outside.
- Add color to each petal with an art marker. Curl the top edge of each petal, then slightly stretch the middles of your petals.
- Glue four petals evenly around the flower center, then glue the last four petals in between.
- Glue a sepal to the back of the flower.
- Cover floral wire with floral tape and add extra layers to thicken the stem.
- Glue both sides of the leaves with 26-gauge wire between.
- Cover each wire with green floral tape. Use floral tape to attach all five leaves together, keeping two larger leaves towards the bottom.
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team